- Testing Services
- Customized Testing
- ISTA Certificates
- Research Services
- Training & Education
Searches in very large seed samples
Responding to high-end seed users, some customers require a very high level of certainty of the absence of specific contaminants. Absence in a very large sample increases the level of confidence in the information. The search can be conducted for any specific contaminant in any seed sample, and this service has value for seed growers, cleaners, dealers, and buyers.
Examples of recent tests include:
- Search for annual bluegrass in 50g or more of Kentucky bluegrass
- Search for crop and weeds in 100g tall fescue or ryegrass
- Search for dodder in large quantity clover and alfalfa samples
- Search for curly dock in 300g of tall fescue
- Search for broomrape (Orobanche sp.) in whole submitted sample of clover or grass seed (1-2 lbs)
- Search for specific species which are restricted or prohibited for shipment to other countries
As long as the material particles being examined are small and requiring microscopes for correct differentiation, and as long as the analyst can be trained to recognize them correctly, other separations (pollen, insects, minerals or chips) may be possible. Contact us to find out if we can help you.
Testing fees based on hourly charges.